Ahhh… Christmas has come and gone in a whirlwind once more and now we’re all left scrubbing our pots and pans with completely satisfied stomachs.
I was up early and enjoyed a festive morning of cooking for the big event ‘Christmas Day Lunch’. With just 5 of us, it was a small do at my place but of course there was enough food to feed twice as many (so no need to worry about cooking on Boxing day). My Dad holds the title of ‘expert ham picker’ and certainly didn’t disappoint! We all raved how it was the best Ham we’d eaten in recent memory and with a traditional pineapple glaze to top it off we found ourselves going back for seconds and thirds.
So what was on the menu?
- Baked Ham with Pineapple Glaze
- Potato Bake
- Stuffed Baked Onions
- Roast Sweet Potato, Carrot and Brussel Sprouts
- Bread rolls
- Beef Croquettes
- Gingerbread House
- Orange Cake with Orange Buttercream Frosting and Candied Orange Slices
- Cherry Coconut Bon Bons
- Rocky Road complete with Rocky Road Christmas Tree
- Cranberry Pistachio Slice