An oldie but a goodie! I love slices, bars and cookies made form candy bars and with Christmas around the corner these are the perfect addition to your edible Christmas gifts. I’m looking forward to having a crack at some Malteaser cupcakes in the future and I have an absolutely awesome recipes for Snickers Cookies that I must, must share with you all. You’ll hate me they are soooooo good! You can’t stop until they are all gone but unfortunately, like most cookies they are rather bad for the waist line :S
Mars Bar Slice
- 6 x 60g (2 oz) Mars Bars, chopped
- 100g (3.5 oz) unsalted butter, chopped
- 3 cups of popped rice cereal (such as rice bubbles)
- 200g (7 oz) milk or dark chocolate, chopped
- 2tsp vegetable oil
- Line a 28x18cm (11×7 inch) slice pan with baking paper.
- In a medium saucepan, stir Mars bars and butter together over a low heat for 4 – 5 minutes until melted. (Mixture may look separated when melting the Mars bars and butter but will come back together after stiring for about 5 minutes.)
- Place rice bubbles in a large bowl. Stir in melted Mars bar mixture until combined then press firmly into prepared pan. Chill until firm.
- Melt chocolate with oil in the microwave for 30 seconds bursts, mixing afterwards or in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Spread evenly over Mars Bar base. Chill until set then cut into small squares. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.