I was shocked when my husband declared this to be his new favorite pizza but when he ate 7 pieces in a row for lunch I had no doubt he was telling the truth! LOL
It is a pretty tasty pizza and includes one of my all time favorite pizza toppings – potato. I went for a whole wheat pizza base this time and I can honestly tell you, I’m not going back to tasteless white flour bases. The whole wheat adds additional flavour and a wonderful texture which works so well for a pizza base.
Chicken & Potato Pizza
Original creation by myfoodobsession.com
Enough topping for 2 pizzas (see below for pizza dough recipe)
- 1 chicken breast, diced
- 1tbs of madras curry paste
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced into small cubes
- 1tsp fresh rosemary, chopped finely
- 2tbs of olive oil
- 100g (3oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 3-4 spring onions (scallions) sliced
- 200g (7oz) ready made pizza sauce
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 2tbs fresh, chopped mixed herbs
- 3tbs sour cream
- 3tbs sweet chili sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200c (400f).
- In a small bowl, mix potato cubes, rosemary, 1tbs olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread out on a small baking tray and bake for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Heat remaining 1tbs of oil in a small fry pan over medium – high heat. Add chicken breast and curry paste and cook, stirring occasionally until cooked, set aside.
- Roll out 2 x 30cm (12inch) pizza bases and spread over with pizza sauce.
- Evenly place mushroom, spring onion, potato, and chicken on top of pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, then mixed herbs and bake for 20 minutes or until base is slightly crispy.
- Drizzle sour cream and sweet chili sauce over pizzas, slice and serve!
Bread Machine Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com
Enough pizza dough for 3 large pizzas or 2 medium pizzas and 2 calzones
- 1 1/2 cups of luke warm water
- 1tbs of olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1tbs dry active yeast
- 1tsp white sugar
- 1tsp salt
- Place all the ingredients for the dough in the pan of a bread machine, in the order listed above (or as suggested by the manufacturer) and select the dough cycle.